Friday, May 14, 2004

This is me

There is a saying that when you mingle with perfume vendors, you will come away, more likely than not, smelling fragrant. And when you mingle with coal miners, you will come away smeared with coal dust. What I’m trying to say is simply that one can see what kind of a person one is from the company one keeps.

Therefore, part of me is a gay boy longing for someone to love him sincerely while part of me is a girl who enjoys the independent life she currently leads.

Part of me is a healthcare professional who is struggling to care for his patients while part of me is an illegal immigrant who is working as a cook at a roadside Tomyam stall.

Part of me is a computer nerd who is happy facing a screen all day while part of me is an artist who creates beautiful, wondrous drawings.

Part of me is a spiritual healer with abilities beyond your imagination while a part of me is a sick man who is waiting for his time to come.

Part of me is the imam of a grand mosque while a part of me is a sinner who dances his night away at a sleazy club.

They are all a part of me but I am unlike any of them. I am Ri.

Boku no nikki ga koko kara hajimaru
My journal begins here…

No comments: