Sunday, June 22, 2008

Indahnya Kemang Indah...

...NOT! Please don't let the title fool you.

Went to Port Dickson with Ma and Pa. It's been 10 years since I was last here. Much has changed and, I fear, for the worst.

The apartment was badly maintained but otherwise serviceable. The place was, surprisingly, fully booked despite the less than okay conditions.


I captured this view of dawn tinged clouds early Saturday morning from our kitchen window.


The pool looked very inviting that morning but alas I had other things to do. To my regret, the water was cloudy by the time I went for a dip that evening, which also gives you an idea of how many people were using the pool that day.


Evening walk at the nearby beach. Tried to get a close-up/better angle of that disembodied crab leg but...


...INCOMING!!! Too preoccupied to notice a wave coming in. The above is a final sight of the sea water swamping my camera lens as I vainly attempted to whisk it to safety.


All pictures turned out cloudy due the fogged lens :( as evident in this picture of Restoran Ummi, the eatery where I tapau our dinner from that evening.


Having spent the night in the cool drying air of the apartment's air conditioner, my camera was ready to resume work the next morning. UPM actually put up its marine research centre next door to our apartment building!


It was cloudy. Though the lighting was less than ideal, I managed to pull off some satisfactory shots (well, at least to ME they are satisfactory- jyubun da!) of the beach.


"Hai bang! Nak ke mana tuh?"


"Apa? Ooo... sesaja nak berkayak keluarkan peluh ye? Okey, bebaik tau!"


There's also a vegetable 'farm' in the area. Mostly kangkong and terung...


WhoOhoo!!! Splash! Now THAT'S what I call a good time! Hehe... Do you realize how many pic tak jadi I had to take to get this picture? At that point, I could hardly feel my arms and legs anymore!

Despite the shortcomings, it was a restful holiday ;)

P.S. Huhu! Need to get my camera serviced A.S.A.P. The salt water's not gonna do the steel mechanism any good...

No comments: