Monday, June 09, 2008

'Adopted' Family Day

This makes it the second time I've joined this company's Family Day.

It became quite an issue back at my department because I went for outsiders' event but didn't go to our own Family Day. No words can explain my reasons nor do I feel obliged to give any.

Though truthfully, it was members of this group that first made me feel more welcomed than people at my own department ever did.

It doesn't matter that only 4 of us are left from the original clique this time around. I'm back to hopefully capture that feeling of camaraderie that I enjoyed back when we were all together...


View from my luxury bus seat as we pass by a coconut plantation on our way to Lumut.


The sun was beginning to set when we arrived at the jetty in Lumut.


Pulau Pangkor here we come!


Our drop off point was at a private jetty, which is nearer to our resort instead of the main jetty at Pekan Pangkor. Here's a view of the beach by that jetty.


Here's what the reception area looks like if you arrive during the day. I decided to not take any photos of our arrival that evening because I was too tired from the trip to play around with my camera settings for capturing night scenes.

But I continued to take photos after replenishing my strength at the barbecue dinner :P which was followed by a karaoke session.

What's a Family Day without a telematch?

Here's a picture of our group waiting at the lobby for the van that would take us to the starting point of our island hopping trip that afternoon.


On our way to see the sights around Pangkor. The ultimate destination was, judging by the crowd, a very popular snorkeling spot not far from the main island.


That night was the grand dinner with performances put up by the staff of the company themselves. I personally feel that they outdid themselves this time.

However, the absence of our original clique was rather palpable. The jeers and cheers would have been more fun and intense with them around.


This was taken at one of the stops on our homebound trip- a sight from the ruins of an old Dutch Fort.

The obligatory shopping stop :P This was the scene at the seafood factory where we shopped for 'souvenirs'.

These people practically went crazy over there! You should have seen the bundles they cart off to the van. The downside to this was that our clothes reeked of fish all the way home!

Fun trip, but felt very sad on the way home... The friendship that we had, those times together, the laughter: all washed away in the currents of life... It made me realize even more that we can't ever go back.

To all our Buddies out there, We really miss you bros!

I miss you... :(

No comments: