Sunday, May 05, 2013

Voting Day!

This is my second time and my voting station is 'just across the road' from my housing area. Sweet!
There were a few surprises for me this time around.


The first was seeing my parents there. Because Ma was all fired up to go to a wedding prior to voting so I really didn't expect to bump into them at all.
But here they were doing the opposite of what was planned.
My mother is a veritable master of last minute changes and fails to understand why Pa and I get upset over it every time :p


The second surprise was the long line, which was very different to my previous voting experience.
We were assigned channels by age group and apparently, our group decided to turn out in force this session.

The third surprise was seeing a known celebrity ahead of me in the line. It seems that he's 'a native' since he is extremely buddy buddy with my neighbourhood guys.
He was hamming it up to this RTM camera man as well so it could be a promotional thing.
I pray I would look that good (or better!) when I'm his age!


The final surprise was seeing a friend there working as an SPR official.
Well, I knew he was capable of such undertakings but I do so admire people who are willing to sacrifice a bit of their time to do voluntary public work.

At this moment, my Whatsapp's going crazy with minute to minute updates by groups of concerned friends.
Whatever may be, we have done our duty. May the ballots be tallied fairly so let us all pray for the best!

3 comments:

Jakuone said...

cantik jari! haha. :)

Rsnie_za said...

wah...elok nye kena calit ..tempat kami bagai kan nak cat reban ayam jer depa sapu dkwat tu...munGkin letih kot...wlpn masih pagi..huhu

mazwanj said...

mana post moto power?haha